lunes, 29 de noviembre de 2010

106 יום

So this past weekend was phenomenal. Since September, I've been thinking about Thanksgiving, which is probably my favorite American holiday. We've been planning for about a month now trying to figure out where we could do it (we don't have kitchens and needed to be able to fit 30 people potentially) and we finally figured it out . . . pretty much the morning of. Guy got a friend of his to let us use his apartment, we spent all week getting everything we needed (cranberries and canned pumpkin turned out to be unfindable), and cooked the turkey in the hostel (definitely not normally allowed). We had to wait til we finished classes (like 3 pm) and then scrambled. I can't believe we pulled it off! Here's how it turned out:

 And after this one, I did another for my Israeli friends. Again, great fun and it was of course new for them, so that added to the excitement of it. They're now huge apple pie fans. I spent the afternoon shopping in the Shouk which was the funnest way to grocery shop, buying one thing from this vendor and that from the other. May I add that turkey is not easy or cheap to get. Our kosher turkey cost 215 sheckels or $60. And I had to order it in advance. I can whole-heartedly say it was worth it though!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario